Embassy of the State of Eritrea, Tokyo
ST Building 4F, 4-7-4 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo Japan Zip code #108-0071
Tel: +81-3-5791-1815 Fax: +81-3-5791-1816
[Access by Train]
1 minute walk from Shirokanedai Station on Nanboku Line or Mita Line
10 minutes walk from JR Meguro Station on JR Yamanote Line
To visit Eritrea, all the citizens outside Eritrea are required to apply an entry visa.
【Note】 Change of Application Form <26th Jan 2012>
Please download the new application form from this website(below). We won't accept the old application form.
■ Necessary Documents
Please send all the necessary documents described below by Genkin Kakitome (cash registered mail) from Japan Postal Service.
- Two Applications
- Two facial photos (Passport Size 50mm × 43mm)
- Application fee (Japanese yen only)
- A Kakitome Envelop with 540 JPY Stamp. You can purchase a Kakitome envelop at Japan Postal Service. Please write down your name, postal address and e-mail address.
* Business Visa: Two recommendation letters written by a sponsor/s during your stay. It must mention the business outlines and a purpose of entry.
* Tourist Visa: Two travel itineraries
*Official Visa: Note Verbal issued by the governmental authority
Visa Application Form (PDF/280KB)
■ Application Fee (Japanese Yen Cash Only):
|Business (3 months)||¥11,000||¥12,500|
|Business (6 months)||¥20,000||¥22,500|
|Business (1 year)||¥30,000||¥34,000|
Normal procedure will take 5 working days, Urgent procedure will takes 2 working days for issuance.
For more information, call+81-3-5791-1815
■ Shipping Charge
*Applicant from R. Korea or Taiwan:
Please remit additional 900 JPY with application fee.
We will send the document back by EMS(Certified Express Mailing Service).
*Applicant from Other Nations:
Call+81-3-5791-1815for more information.
Send an Email firstname.lastname@example.org Call+81-3-5791-1815
-Issuing New Passport* / $150
-Passport Renewal $75
-Passport Replacement $190
1. Two Application Forms with Signature.
2. Application Fee. (*1)
3. Four Passport Size Photographs (3.5cm×4.5cm)
4.Two Photo Copies of the Eritrean ID Card (both sides)
(5. Your Current Passport)
* Application form is available at the consular section of the Embassy.
Application form for passport renewal (page1-2) (PDF/674KB)
Application form for replacement of passport(page1-2) (PDF/804KB)
-Notary Service 7,200Yen
-Service Letters 2,400Yen
Taxation Form (2% Tax Form Proclamation)
【2014】Taxation Form (PDF/864KB)
For further information, contact the consular section of the embassy.